Short Stay Specialist Visa
This visa allows a person to do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work or, in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests such as assisting in a natural disaster.
• You must be invited, or supported, by the organisation you will be working for;
• You have access to sufficient funds to support themselves in Australia;
• Genuinely intend to stay temporarily in Australia for the intended purpose
• You need to have specialist skills, knowledge or experience that is needed but cannot be found in Australia.
• Meet health and character requirements.
Duration and Conditions
The visa is generally valid for stay in Australia up to 3 months (6 months in limited circumstances). The visa is subject to condition 8107 which forbids work inconsistent with the work or activity specified in the visa application.