Applicants in a genuine relationship can apply under this visa as a fiancé (e), de facto or marriage relationship, and be sponsored by an eligible sponsor. An eligible sponsor can be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, capable of undertake the sponsorship obligations. Usually, the sponsor is your partner and is over 18 years old.

Applications can be submitted in Australia or overseas. Generally a temporary visa will be granted which may lead to permanent residency. An application for permanent residency can be submitted when applicant and sponsor are in a long term relationship or have a child together.

Visas Types

If you are in de facto relationship or married with an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, these are the best visa options for you.


(subclasses 820 and 801)
Applicant in Australia


(subclasses 309 and 100)
Applicant outside of Australia

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.